Saturday, June 22, 2013

Things are Speeding Up

I really only have three more days here.  Isn't that crazy?  It sure doesn't feel like I'm going to be moving across the country in 96 hours.  That's just way too fast and way too soon and I have people to catch up with and things I want to do.  Nothing breaks you out of a funk of boredom faster than realizing how little time you have left.

About three days ago was when I last blogged to you.  We were going to have lunch at Deer Valley.  It was very nice; I ordered a cheeseburger which was delicious and a chocolate cheesecake cupcake (which doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but it was amazing all the same).  We had a gift card, which made it even better!

'Twas nice and warm there :)

Then I went and got my hair straightened.

I play with it all the time — it's so smooth and soft!

And went to my soccer party!  I got a really nice photo from Jess, a card from Lane, and a nice book of pictures that Ms. Edwards put together.  They were really sweet.  We had more burgers and went outside to play volleyball.  There were so many sweets there, too!  Brownies and ice cream and truffles and peanut butter cups and YUM.

Clara, Evie, Dani, Jess, Molly, me, Mickey, Avery, and Lulu

Me and Molly

It was so nice for everyone to be there.

We all got along really well with each other.  It was a great group to be with.

More of Molly and I

Having ice cream with Molly, Dani, and Evie

Those girls are like my second family.  I can't believe I've known them for five years now!  They've all be so great to me and I'm gonna miss them.

Then there was Friday.  I honestly don't remember much about Friday, even though it was only yesterday.  Alex and I walked down to Fresh Market and got a paintbrush for my mom and some sodas.  We also played Halo and Minecraft for a while.  I honestly don't remember much after that except for soccer.  We had conditioning (BLEH) but it was only an hour and so it was okay.  More practice on Monday and maybe tomorrow, but I'm not 100% sure.  

Today I went over to Jess's house and we hung out for a little bit.  We played Mario Kart, which I haven't played in ages, made pancakes for lunch, and then played New Super Mario Bros.  FYI, I suck at Super Mario Bros.  Do not play this game with me.  I will not help you or live, I will just bubble and scream at the television while you try to complete the level.  I had fun, though.  It was nice.  I also found out that I had been accepted to my Geometry Honors class, but I don't know if I can start my lessons until I have a Skype meeting with my teacher.  More on that topic on Monday.  But I did have to go and get a binder and a compass and a notebook for the class.  Guess it isn't all online. :P

Behold!  There were cooler notebooks at Staples but the OCD
in me wanted matching colors.

I was going to go over and watch Aladdin with Beth, but she had a babysitting thing and we couldn't pull up the movie on Netflix.  That's alright, though.  I have a headache from playing Super Mario Bros.

And I just remembered what happened for that period of time on Friday!  I got my other cavity filled, which is still kind of sore as we speak, but that's okay, at least it still isn't in there.  Yes, yes, I remember now.  I got that filled, attempted to eat a quesadilla, and then went straight to soccer.  There we go.  Memory gap solved.

Tonight I get to go and eat at Café Rio with Alex and Grammie while my parents go to Savor the Summit on Main Street.  It should be fun for both of us; I love Café Rio.

Book Update
This is going to shock all of you, but I've been so busy with packing and stuff that I haven't read.  AT ALL.  It's killing me!  I'm still on page 94 of 202 in Lord of the Flies, but quite frankly the book isn't good enough that it's enticing me to read it.  After I post this I think I'm going to go and read and do some of my AP journal entries that I've been procrastinating on.

Alex's Swag-Tastic Picture of the Day
One does not simply interrupt their brother when they are practicing guitar. Therefore I will post a picture of him from a couple years ago.

Alex and his bandmate JC warming up for a recital and gig Sep. 2011


2 comments:

  1. So you played volleyball at a soccer party? Hmm... ;) I can't believe I'm not going to see you again before you leave!!!! >:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes, about 1/4 of the girls on our team play volleyball, too, including Clara (it was at her house), so there was already a net set up. I'm not that bad at it but my arms were super sore after because we played like three games. And I'm super sad that we can't see each other either!!!! We also might all come back as a family to pack our furniture when the house sells, so I might see you then. YAY :D

    ReplyDelete