My neighbor, Sophia (some of you know her from Odyssey of the Mind) is going on vacation soon and won't be back before we leave, so recently Alex and I have been trying to hang out with her as much as possible. She came over to our house a little before one of our showings, so we weren't allowed to take anything out (like Nerf guns) to play with. So I just took some pictures instead.
| We started with some jump shots. I took them on my iTouch so they aren't very clear. |
| Alex and Sophia were wrestling while laughing their heads off. They're so cute ;) |
| During this match, Alex tried to steal Sophia's sock but she got it back. |
![]() |
| Me and Sophia |
Then we had to leave for a showing. Instead of Alex and I getting in the car, Sophia invited us over to her house to hang out while the house was being shown. This is where the videos come in. We decided to go down to a little park and just goof off and have a mini Olympics in the park because no one ever goes there.
First, the hike . . .
Then we got to the park and decided to have a javelin-throwing contest. Why, you might ask?
Because it's summer, that's why!
And I can't figure out a way to upload the second video, but I can post two pictures I took. I'll try and post another post with just the video to see if it will work that way (mainly so you can see the park, and it's kind of funny), but don't worry if I can't get it to work — I won either way ;)
| Alex throwing the stick |
| And Sophia. It kind of looks like she's looking through a telescope, huh? |
Then for our second event, we had yet another wrestling match. No videos this time, just pictures.
| Alex against Sophia (Alex won) |
| Me against Alex (I won) |
Alex's Swag-Tastic Picture of the Day
| Here's the actual one |
![]() |
| And I wanted to see how girls took pictures in the bathroom mirror (it's hard) and Alex photobombed me. |
If you were wondering how taking a picture of yourself is hard, it's because I always covered up my mouth with the iTouch when I was taking my photo. *facepalm* You try! It's harder than you think (either that or I have serious issues). And just to clear things up, I was not in the bathroom. That would be weird.
I also decided to take a picture of Sophia's dog, because she is just the CUTEST THING EVER!
| This is Mailee. Im not quite sure how you spell her name, but you pronounce it May-Lee. |
Awww.
After the showing, we were invited back over to Sophia's house for s'mores. Oh. My. God. S'mores. I love them so much you have no idea. I didn't bring my iTouch (it was kind of dark outside), but our two families had a lot of fun together. I'm going to miss them a lot. When Sophia, Alex, and I all had three s'mores, we got a ride down to the larger park in our neighborhood and played Lava Monster in the dark. That was a lot of fun, too, until it got to be 9:30 and we couldn't see anything.
It was a fantastical day. I also spent yesterday night with my neighbor Beth bouncing on her trampoline and telling ghost stories until about ten thirty. I love summer. And friends. I hope I'll get to spend a lot more time with them before I leave.
I'll be sure to blog again tomorrow or Friday morning. I have a sleepover with Beth and a dentist appointment to get two fillings *sniffle*. Darn.


No comments:
Post a Comment