Saturday, June 29, 2013

Old Faithful!

We started off Day Two by walking around some hot springs and taking some pics :)  LOTS of pictures today, by the way!  As in, I took 145 pictures, but I'm not going to show you all of them.  Just the really cool ones :)  And maybeI might throw in some videos, just to see how it goes.  I might only be able to get one to upload, though :P

And, on a totally random thought while I'm waiting for videos to upload, it's funny watching people walk around at 8,300 feet all out of breath and I'm just like, "I do this every day."  :)

Anyway, here are some PHO-TOS:











It was neat and didn't smell like sulfur, which was a big plus.  That didn't stay that way for the whole time, though, but more on that later. :)  When we were about to leave, what decided to come across our way? ELK!  Woooo.

There was a mama and two BABIES!

They were really cool and walked right across the path in front of us :)  And there were multiple elk in the area already.  We even saw two males stand up and fight!  It was swick :)

Then we drove away and went to Old Faithful.  That was great, too.  It was an awesome eruption that lasted about three minutes and went super high.

And that one didn't smell bad either!
And, none to my knowledge prior to actually doing it, there was a ring of smaller geysers and springs and such around Old Faithful.  We did a walk around of those, too.






THIS part smelled like sulfur.  However, I highly recommend it (not the sulfur, the place).  Really, it would be sweet to just get away, go to a ranch, see all these things, horseback ride.  We should all get together and do this sometime :) It would be fantabulistic.

We went and had lunch at Old Faithful Inn.  It's really famous and was the inspiration for Disney Wilderness Lodge or something like that.  It's gorgeous inside.


There was even a treehouse like thing.  I thought of Molly and Julia
when I saw it.  We should camp out in there sometime ;)
Then we went back to the room and chilled a little before dinner.  Just kidding.  I don't actually remember what we did, all the days kind of mesh together for me. . . but it was a really good day.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Where Am I?~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Grant Village, Yellowstone Park, Wyoming

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~On the Road with Jeremy Woof~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Don't forget the accent!

I was given a special place to ride in the car on the way to Old Faithful today.

I quite fancy signs
Then after staying in the pocket of the young boy for most of the afternoon, I head chattering.  It was one of my many arch nemeses, Rebel.  That chipmunk has been haunting me for weeks now.  It was time to face off.  I jumped out of my pocket places and ATTACKED the foe!

Click on the photo to make it larger so you can see Rebel.
After a couple seconds of fierce fighting, Rebel scampered.  Success for the day, and I felt no more needs to appear in more photos.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Book Update ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Still too busy to read.  I'm still in the middle of Lord of the Flies, though.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Alex's Swag-Tastic Picture~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The great Steam-Breathing Alex!

No comments:

Post a Comment