As you may or may not remember, I went to iFly (which is kind of like indoor skydiving). You stand on a wire (for lack of a better word — you'll see it in the video) floor with a giant fan below you, which blows you up while your instructor is holding you. A couple things to clear up before you see the video:
1. We can't hear inside the room. The fan is CRAZY loud and we're wearing earplugs. Hence the seemingly random hand motions the instructor makes. Don't worry, he's not being weird, we were all taught what they meant.
2. The reason why he can stand up while the fan is blowing is because there's less of his surface area on the wire for the fan to blow because he's upright. We're lying down.
3. No, it didn't feel like I was flying. It felt like a lot of pressure, not weightlessness, sadly :P
4. We each went twice for one minute each.
5. Yes, it was TOTALLY FUN.
6. It felt much more scary / intense than it looks in the video. We all look kind of stupid in the film.
Yesterday I did a crapton of NOTHING. My Grammie came to visit, which is awesome. It's good to see her again. Also, we had soccer. This proved to be a great practice because MY BUD JESS IS BACK! Except for Molly wasn't there :( However, Richie (our coach) said we weren't really competing in this complex drill. I shall try to explain it to you, but I don't think anyone except Molly's going to understand...
There are two people with soccer balls standing across from each other about twenty yards apart. There are also two people in the middle, back to back, facing the outside people with a ball. They run to the player and receive on one foot and play it across their body to the other before passing it back. They then run around the outside player and receive it from the other side while the other person does the same.
If you're not lost already, picture that, but the inside people can go to either side, and one person is offense and the other is defense. The offensive people receive the ball and try to play it back, while the defense tries to stop them.
Reading that over again I've come to the conclusion I suck at explaining soccer drills.
Anyways, Jess was defense and I was offense. Everyone else was just kind of lackluster (meaning the defense weren't really trying to take the ball away. In our case, we were laughing and trying our hardest and going all-out on each other, and you could see that Richie was starting to take notice. At once point, I had the ball, Jess knocked me down trying to get it, I slide tackled it away form her and we both ended up on the ground laughing. Richie actually stopped the practice to use us as an example of what we should be doing. I was so proud :)
That was a lot about soccer. Phew!
You will also be proud to know that I mastered the Cup Song and vocals yesterday. I was super duper happy!
Sadly, and luckily, we also have to make some changes to our Fancy United States map. Some of our locations have changed. We are no longer going to Raleigh, but rather making a stop in Atlanta instead.
1. Park City, UT
2. Yellowstone, WY
3. Mt. Rushmore, SD
4. Chicago, IL
5. Cleveland, OH
6. Hershey, PA
7. Atlanta, GA
8. Jacksonville, FL
9. Vero Beach, FL
That's all for the moment being. We're going to go down to Deer Valley and have lunch there. Then I have a haircut and I'm getting it straightened :) Yay. After that I have a soccer team going away party, which should be exciting.
Book Update
I'm a little less than halfway through Lord of the Flies. It's getting better, but there's nothing drawing me to reading it. I believe I'm on page 94 of 202, so I'm close. The reviews on the back say that it's dark and creepy (not directly, but I can kind of infer) and I'm waiting for that to start happening. Right now they're just talking about who's really in charge and that there's something scaring the little kids but no one really knows what it is *yawn*.
Alex's Swag-Tastic Picture of the Day
Today there shall be two photos. Both of them are from iFly.
![]() |
| Looking like a BOSS |
![]() |
| He's gonna get you ;) |



Hi Sarah! This is Isabelle, hey, good to see you are reading Lord of the Flies. I had to read that for school at the beginning of this year. It is super boring at the beginning, but near the end, it turns really dark. For class, I had to super-mega analyze it, and because of that, I learned that there are a TON of symbols in that book. Like the conch and the beastie. :D Don't think too hard about it. When are you leaving for Florida?
ReplyDeleteisabelle (remus.kitty@gmail.com)
Hi Isabelle! I'm leaving on Wednesday to start our drive. It seems like everything was super boring over the summer up until this point and now it's going too fast! I'm really happy to know someone else has read it, too. Now I'm kind of excited for the darkness and creepiness to come in, haha. I sure hope we don't have to analyze it as much, but I doubt it.
DeleteI'm so glad you commented :). It's great to hear from you!
OMG that is pretty much the truest thing I've ever heard. It seems like I have had tons of time and my German journey will never end, but all of a sudden I have two weeks left, totally packed weeks as opposed to quiet afternoons doing nothing, and I can't find time to do those fun last-time-we-see-each-other get-togethers with my friends! It makes me so sad!
Delete