Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Peppermint Log

After running nearly two miles yesterday in soccer, I am proud to be back and writing to you about the most important thing coming up in your near future:

Lots of food.

I made my very first Thanksgiving dessert yesterday, Peppermint Log, that came out of the Hershey's Three in One Cookbook.  And yes, I made sure to take pictures.

Ready to bake a Key Lime Pie
(not a peppermint log, but it's still a cool picture)
Whipped egg whites aka the most magical thing I've ever seen.
SUGAR! 
Hershey's Cocoa.  Yum.  JK, don't eat it.
Vanilla flavoring and Ande's Peppermint Mints crushed up
Ermagerd spernklez
Le cake in le oven
TAA-DA!!!! Despite its rather ominous appearance, it tastes delicious.

If you decide to buy the book and make this recipe, just remember for the glaze, add in 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.  I don't care that the book says 1 cup, but it turns your glaze from glaze into frosting.

Heed my warning.

And we made sugar cookies and decorated them.  My favorite part was when I got to eat frosting off the spoon at the end.

Like a champ
I hope all your baking and cooking is successful and you all have a magical Thanksgiving!

Book Update
I'm in the middle of Book Thief and am on page 220 out of 550.  I'm also supposed to be starting Jurassic Park, but I've made it to a whole page ONE.  Exciting, I know.

Alex's Swag-Tastic Photo
You know, I just did one of these and I don't have any photos of him that you haven't seen, so. . . we are doing the 

Inside Joke of the Day
Because I made a list.  Yes. Today's joke is:

Kevin Kevin woop woop

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA I love the Inside Joke of the Day idea! Especially since I'm in on most of them.... ;) And that Peppermint Log of Intense Happiness looks AMAZING! AHHHHHHH!

    #teampeeta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The log is delicious! I tried a little of it today and it's yum :) and yes you are most definitely in almost all of the jokes I have on my list :)

      #teampeeta :)

      Delete