Sunday, November 10, 2013

Blender and the Dark World

Hey now, I'm keeping up with that resolution I mentioned :D  It's a start. . .

Yesterday was a big soccer day for me.  I had breakfast with my team, had a photo shoot in super windy weather, and played a game against Spring Creek.  And I will answer the question that I know is just aching inside you:

Yes, I had chocolate chip waffles for breakfast.

The team meeting was a lot of fun.  We watched the film from the previous game and had a good time.  By the way, if you guys want to watch a video of a sing-along to The Climb by Miley Cyrus that our team did on the bus ride home that night, click here.

The photo shoot was interesting, too.  We were allowed to bring props, which almost no one did, but Ali Ritter brought a camp hat with a clip-on "decoy bird", as she called it.  I'll leave the imagery for that up to your imagination.  It was super windy during our shoot, but maybe it made us look like models. . . maybe.

The game went well for our team.  We won 6-1 against Spring Creek, and I played defensive midfielder for about ten minutes in the second half.  Judging on how that went, I'm getting the feeling that Coach Jose will never play me as defensive midfielder ever again.

Ever.

And a photo to make you laugh.
Sorry about the watermark, I tried to remove it around the edges as best as I could.
Yesterday, I also went to see Thor: The Dark World.  As you might know, I'm not really big on movies, but this Thor is great.  There's just enough action and comedy mixed in, and no, it's not too loud, which is a problem that seems to be recurring lately with action/superhero movies that I've seen.  My favorite part had to do with Captain America, but I'll say no more :)


Finally, I've been exploring the App Store on my Mac and came across a program called Pixelmator, which is apparently a really good version of iPhoto.  As I'm really into editing photos and stuff, I'm considering buying it.  It doesn't seem to be too expensive compared to other photo editing software like Aperture, either.  

This reminded me of a panel that I went to at Minecon, specifically, the Sparklez Slamaroo Animation Extravaganza (which is a pain in the butt to type).  The people in this panel were talking about good programs to use for animation, and CaptainSparklez said that there was a good program for beginning animators called Blender.  So I did some research.  And I came across this site, which is the official site for Blender.  And I learned a bit of useful information:

- It's compatible for both Windows and Mac (which is called cross-platform if you didn't know and want to get fancy)
- While there's no specific place that you can go to to get instructions, there are videos EVERYWHERE on YouTube and stuff.
- It is completely 100% free to download and use every aspect of.

I watched a couple of videos on Blender for beginners and needless to say I'll probably be downloading it today.  I'll let you know if it's any good :)  If you want to download Blender, you can click the link above.

Book Update
I'm rereading Delirium by Lauren Oliver because I bought the second book and I have no recollection of the first one :)  I'm currently on page 119 of 441.  The characters and the plot are coming back to me, but slowly.

Alex's Swag-Tastic Picture

#JumpShot

2 comments:

  1. OMIGOSH THAT WAS THE BEST MOVIE IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!! AHAHAHAHAHA the Captain America part was so my favorite too!! Is that why everything's on fire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Is your brother coming?"
      "Loki is dead."
      "Thank God! I'm so sorry."

      Delete