Sunday, August 4, 2013

Slime or Spider Jockey?

I really wasn't expecting to be blogging again so soon, to be honest with you.  But I've already mentioned last post that I wouldn't be surprising you with early posts or disappointing you with late ones because they'll all be random!  So on to the good part of my blog today :)

If you don't have a Facebook account, you wouldn't have seen the status update I posted (one of the rare things that I do, I never post status updates, I just like other people photos and chat with friends in messages and stalk people more often than what I'd like to admit.  I'm one of those creepy FB people).

But here it is:


I was waiting on the Minecon loading screen, chilling like so:

Sorry for the watermark that says bandicam.com.  I didn't have a picture of my own that had a countdown. . .
Except the screen said Batch 3. . . but anyways, BACK TO DA STORY!

I was on the countdown screen, chillin' to the cool music the site had playing, with this window pulled up in the background:


Batch 3 tickets weren't sold out yet, it said N/A under the Quantity tab.

And suddenly the purple screen clock hit 0:00:00 and I clicked over to the other screen and hit refresh like 100 times in 2 seconds and then *gasp for air* under Quantity it didn't say N/A anymore but Choose Amount with a dropdown menu for 1 to 6 tickets.  This was nothing special, I had seen it plenty of times before, but I knew that if I waited another two seconds, the dropdown menu would change to Pending, and then you were done.  You couldn't get anymore.  The tickets were all snatched up.

Being at the dropdown menu is like falling into glacier water.  If you don't get out within 20 seconds, you're dead.

Except this was more like 4 seconds.  The first batch did sell out after 15 seconds, you know.

So after I chose three tickets, there was a big green button even with the 'Share this Event' thing under the Ticket Info box.  So I pressed it.

But the screen didn't change to one that said Pending Quantity.  It didn't change to one that said 'You're in Line!' with a loading bar that made you dizzy if you stared at it too long.  I had gotten both of those before, but this time the Ticket Information box stayed on the page and there was a long list of empty boxes with things like Billing Information and Personal Information and Credit Card Info.  There was also a giant box at the top with big bold numbers reminding you that you had four minutes to complete these 30 or so boxes or your tickets were moving on to the next person in line.

Which is a really stupid thing to have, because for someone like me, who was so freaked out the mouse was zooming all over the place on the screen, my fingers wouldn't. stop. shaking.  The whole time.

And then we got to the credit card info, where I read Mom's number back to her five times to make sure I hadn't messed it up and then BOOM.  We were done.  I hit the Order Now button and a screen with a popup window with a smily face appeared that said YOU'RE GOING TO MINECON 2013!!!!!!!!!! appeared.

And I started screaming.  And jumping.  I seriously don't remember the last time I had ever been so happy.  And my grandma on the other line, who was going to take me and Alex to Minecon, started screaming.  And I started sliding from one side of our small rental house to the other on my sock feet because that's a really happiness builder, too. :)

I just couldn't stop smiling.  And if you're having a bad day today, I hope that made you smile, too :)

Thank you all for not trying to buy Minecon tickets with me and stealing my thunder and slowing the server down.  You're the bestest!

So, on November 2nd and 3rd, a Saturday and Sunday, I'll be down in Orlando with my grandma and Alex, dressed up in some costume with a load of Minecon diehards (only 7,500 of us, you know?)  listening to people like:

Notch, the creator of Minecraft
Jeb, the dude Notch passed Minecraft off to.
And,  YES YES YES YES YES YES:

JORDAN MARON!!!!!  AKA CAPTAINSPARKLEZ
AKA THE BEST MINECRAFT DUDE EVER!!!!!!
Serioulsy, it's going to be the bomb.  I heard last year a guy dressed up a Creeper in a full body costume (creepers look like this:)

When you get near a Creeper in the game, it hisses and explodes
And Notch took a huge interest in him and began to follow the Creeper everywhere, but when the Creeper saw him or when Notch got too close, the Creeper began to hiss and Notch would run away before coming back to follow him again.

Come on now, how cool is that?  I'll be SURE to bring my camera or iTouch or something and get TONS of photos and maybe some videos.  It's like you'll be there without having to pay the hefty ticket price!  Lucky you!

Which brings me to my next point.  I need a costume.  There's a costume contest there and I really want to be a part of it (and not just because you get to be interview by either Lydia Winters (just a worker for Minecraft, Jeb, or the Captain, but that's a part of it :D ) but I need a rockin' costume.  That's where you all come in.  I'll post some pictures of some of the things I can be for a costume, and I'll create a poll where YOU can vote on what you want me to be.  Just depending on the amount of work it'll take, I can't guarantee that it'll be the one I'll pick, but I would love to get your opinion!

Here are my top five picks, but if you play Minecraft and have a better idea that I've forgotten, leave a comment!  I'd love to hear from you :)



From left to right, we have a Spider Jockey, Zombie, Slime, Iron Golem, and Sheep.

I'm leaning toward either the Spider Jockey or the Slime (hence the blog title), but I could be swayed.  It's up to you! :)

In order to vote, hover your mouse over the small black bar on the right side of your screen to pull up a menu of things to do.   The top one should show a graph.  Click on it to get to a popup window of the survey.  You have one week to choose your answer :)  Don't leave me hanging!

Book Update
It seems kind of out of place to do a book update after talking about all Minecraft, but I've read a lot and am on page 178 of 1,161.  It's a great book.  It really is :)  There are so many facts and it's so startling what salespeople will do to get you to buy their product.  It's scary.

Alex's Swag-Tastic Picture

I'm telling you, Downtown Disney is the place to be!
Chilling with Lego Woody and Buzz :)

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you! I've never actually thought about going to Minecon, and had thought that Minecon 2013 had already happened, but that is so awesome that you got tickets! For the costume you should just be a grass block on top of a dirt block and occasionally just stop and stand still to see what people do, joking, though that would be funny. I would go for the spider jockey, but if that's too hard you can be an iron golem and hand roses to everybody! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha that'd be awesome! Alex considered going as a block of dirt, then thought it would be cool to go as a jukebox that played the minecraft theme song. I still think going as a spider jockey would be the best, because no one went as that last year... :D

      Delete