Pretty sure I haven't blogged in a while. . . shocking. I know, I know. It's so unexpected. I'm pretty sure I've
never, ever not posted in
three days. Gasp *wink*. When I last imported my photos, I had 74 that I wanted to put in. Holy crap.
Wait, you don't even know where I am right now, huh?
I am currently visiting my grandma in San Francisco right now. I flew out Thursday, hung out a little Friday, viewed the town Saturday, and saw a soccer game today. I'm flying home tomorrow morning at 11 and should be home by 10pm in Vero. Yuck, darn time change.
I also wanted to mention that I had a very nice FaceTime session with Beth! It almost seems that after we're with each other for a long period of time, we try to out-weird each other. We took some screenshots during our meeting :)
Thursday
Flew out for my first time as an unaccompanied minor. Lucky for me, my dad flies A TON and has extra Frequent Flier Miles for Delta. FIRST CLASS, BABY! It was really nice and I had no worries. I had to make a transition in Atlanta, but it all went smoothly (it was only a little bumpy when we had to fly through some thunderstorms over Arkansas).
Friday
We were going to try and make a BDSC (my old soccer team, Black Diamond Soccer Club) game at 1:20. We left and decided to take a roundabout way over the Golden Gate Bridge. Sadly, it was foggy, but I still got some cool pics!
It was about 1:30 before we realized we hadn't eaten lunch. We stopped to eat and whatdayaknow, it was 2:30 before we got to the fields. I got to see a whole 5 minutes before the game was over, but it was great to see all the girls again. I miss them so much! But Molly wasn't there :( which was sad, but I'll see her again soon. . .
By the way, my grandma lives in a very foggy place. There is virtually no visibility where she lives at all.
 |
| That is the bank of fog where she lives. |
 |
| It's quite a sight from the air. |
Friday
Friday was the long and super duper fun day. We started off by eating at a little café for brunch, where I got french toast. It was super thick and rich and was more like bread pudding. I didn't eat very much of it :P
 |
| My toast |
Next we went to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. The drive down was super cool. San Francisco is a really unique city.
 |
| The view |
 |
| Cute house |
 |
| Flowers on the side of a house |
 |
| Alcatraz |
 |
| Old-fashoined fire truck |
 |
| The ticket we got for parking. Super long, huh? |
 |
| Walkway to Pier 39 |
 |
| Segway tours! |
First, we went into a chocolate store. It's really dangerous to tell me to pick something out in a chocolate store. There will be trouble.
 |
| Soo many truffles! |
 |
| Lots of fudge, too :D |
 |
| The peanut butter cup I got |
There were a lot of fun things in the displays in storefronts, too. Window shopping is fun!
 |
| Like this guitar shaped like USA |
We tried to get a tour to go inside Alcatraz, but it was booked out to August 14. Darnnit!
 |
| The closest we could get. |
 |
We also saw this card description where it should say 'birthday' or 'religious'
or 'humor' |
Then we left Pier 39 and travelled down to Ghirardelli Square - home of frickin' amazing chocolate.
Along the way, we saw a giant window where you could look in and see people making sourdough into animals!
 |
| An alligator, lobster and teddy bear. |
 |
| A huge alligator |
We also saw a guy that brought some fake bushes and hid in them and jumped out at random people. He was awesome. I would've given him a dollar, but I only had twenties. Then we arrived!
 |
| So. Much. Chocolate. |
They were giving out free carmel milk chocolates at the entrance. Yum!
After that we went to Ripley's Believe It or Not. I didn't get a picture of the Hummer made entirely out of 100,000 lotto tickets, but . . .
 |
| Sculpture made of camel bone |
 |
| The detail is amazing! |
 |
There was a black light section and my bright pink shoes that I posted
a picture of GLOW! |
Finally, we went to the Exploritorium. If you haven't gone, GO! It's FABULOUS. It's a giant room with a crapton of experiments to do.
 |
A machine that spun you around. If you tilted your head down, you didn't
become dizzy. |
 |
| Computer that turns photos into sketches |
 |
| Guitar wavelength experiment |
 |
| Yet another black light room. My toes glow, too! |
Then I ate a TON of chocolate and got a major sugar rush on the car ride home. I'm too much fun like that. My mood can pretty much be summed up in five pictures. I laughed the whole ride home.
 |
| My personal favorite |
Today
Today I went to another BDSC game, which was super fun to watch even though they didn't win. :( I loved talking to all my buddies! Other than that, we just chilled for the day and I packed to get ready to go home tomorrow.
Alex's Swag-Tastic Picture
Just me for the moment being, so I don't have anything from Alex.
No comments:
Post a Comment