Last post, I showed you some pictures of the rental house, particularly my room. Well, it's changed a little from when you last saw it because all of our boxes came yesterday! Woohoo :) Here are some updates I made:
 |
| More stuff in the bathroom |
 |
| Pictures and earrings on the cabinet |
 |
| Clothes in the closet |
 |
| Picture and soccer book on the dresser |
 |
| Cat picture and cat back massager on the other dresser |
 |
| Rug on the floor |
 |
| Messing up my bedside table: lots of chargers and books. |
 |
| And of course: NAIL POLISH! |
Today we went to the mall to check out what's nearby. We also stopped by Target. I picked up the rug you saw for my room, a candle, and soap for my bathroom. While that might not seem like very fun things to you, I was super excited to get to make my room a little more my own. It's really hard to personalize a room when you really can't do anything to change it :P
It was raining when we got back to the house. There are people doing construction in our neighborhood, and the road to our townhouse was blocked, as was the road to other parking.
And it was pouring. Not raining anymore, but pouring.
So my mom dropped us off by the community pool (which we are so close to from the house that we have stepping stones to it) and we grabbed some bags and ran. At least the rain was warm-ish. My Bath and Body Works bag broke through the bottom as soon as I walked through the house. Guess I was lucky it wasn't earlier. But the rain hasn't slowed up, not even now as I'm writing to you. Occasionally there'll be a clap of thunder that'll scare the crap out of me and make me jump because it's so loud.
But I really like the rain, so I guess it's okay :)
We live in a neighborhood that's really lush and full of dense plants, so it looks like it's about 8 at night instead of 5:30.
 |
The view out of my room. The circular stepping stones go right to the
community pool. |
 |
The waterfall of rain that we had to run through to get into the house.
It's hard to see, but trust me, it's there. I'd know. |
 |
| An accurate lighting picture of what it looks like outside |
 |
| Some of the common trees around here. |
That was my day. We met a woman and her daughter and the lady said she had four kids :) A plus, maybe? New friends could be on the way!
No comments:
Post a Comment