Sunday, March 30, 2014

Whoops Here's a Post

Yes, I am still alive.  I hope that you didn't get your hopes up by checking my blog too much.  I even had spring break all this week and waited until 8 o'clock on the last Sunday before school to make a short post about what I've been up to.

Whoops.

Okay, so despite me not posting in almost a month, you may or may not be surprised to know that not a ton of things  have happened to me that I deem blog-worthy, hence my pro-procrastinating skills.  but there are a couple things, which I will list really quickly to you so maybe I can wrap this up before I go to bed. . .

State Championships
Jeez, this was a long, long, long time ago.  We lost, to keep it short and to the point, and kind of by a lot.  The team we played was a private school that specifically scouted girls who were soccer gurus, so, yeah. . .they've been state champs for like four years running and we really didn't stand a chance.  But I did play the last ten minutes and did pretty well, so that was a lot of fun.

I also got my letterman jacket.  Super-duper lucky me didn't have to pay for it because we have a soccer booster club that buys them for us! :D

Aww I look so much better in pictures I take myself. . .
Chloe, me and Calley at the soccer banquet

Gatherings with Friends
Over the week or so of spring break that I was on I went on a few outings with some of my friends.  I'm so popular *popular girl hair flip*

Seeing Pompeii :)
Lunch with Sam, Emily, Gabi, Caitlyn, Calley, me and the other Sarah
At the beach with Calley
DRIVINGGGGG
I also got my permit over the break.  I don't know about Utah, but here we can get our learner's permit when we turn fifteen and after we complete a four hour online drug-and-alcohol course (alcohol is a gateway drug that destroys everything it touches, you know, aannnd that's pretty much all I learned....four hours of my life I'll never get back).  And then you get to go to the DMV and take your nifty little permit test and then they take your picture – which they SHOWED TO ME TO MAKE SURE I LIKED IT.  What nice people!

So over the course of this week I've driven maybe four times.  And I'm happy to say that I'm not half bad.  

You know, once you get over the bad parts of driving, which include:

1. Turning
2. Not giving everyone in the car whiplash
3. Remembering which way to push the turn signal if you're going left or right
4. Parking
5.  Knowing which way the steering wheel is turned so that when you get in the car to go onto A1A to go home you don't drive off the road into the grass and almost give your mom a heart attack
6. Everyone else on the road

. . .

Driving is pretty easy.

My New Camera
On Friday I went to Best Buy and decided, kind of on a whim (like, I had been planning on getting one but didn't think it would be on that day) to get a camera.  It's a Canon 280 Shot-something-or-other and I really like it a bunch, minus the fact that the battery dies within half an hour of it being fully charged.  But it does take really cool action shots and so I spent some of today taking pictures of Alex while he played basketball and then went swimming in our 70º pool. . . what a nut.

This one's my fav






Okay, this isn't Alex, but I liked it enough to include it here :)

Book Update
I've read too much to recount for you in the amount of time between postings, probably, but I finished Catch 22, read the Fault in Our Stars (OMG guys, if I hadn't been in school while I was reading it, I would have cried), and the first two in the Divergent Trilogy, which I had read before but wanted to reread before I read Allegiant and then saw the movie (which was okay by the way – read the book before  you see it or you will be utterly confused).

Alex's Swag-Tastic Picture
He had to sell onions for a Jazz Band fundraiser. . . so we set up a booth at the entrance to our neighborhood.  No, I am not joking; they had to sell onions.  No, I don't know why onions and not something like oranges.

Only playing guitar upside-down behind his head – like a boss.

Days Till I Visit Park City!!!!!

91

2 comments:

  1. LET'S GO SELL ONIONS!!! :D I love Divergent so freaking much, I'm rereading the books right now, but I'm not rereading Allegiant because it scarred me for life. So yeah. But for ceramics I'm making a bowl with the Dauntless symbol in the middle, I'm so excited!!! :D I love the pictures you took, and also I'm glad you're not dead. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to hear from you! Sweet letterman jacket! We only got letters in PC high school soccer, I guess the jacket part is up to us ;) Congrats on getting your permit! Also, I LOVE the pictures! Such detail and high resolution...

    ReplyDelete