Monday, January 20, 2014

District Champs!

Why hello there!  I hope you all had a great Christmas and a happy New Year and that your finals week (if you had one) went smoothly.  I have a lot to tell you, so get ready!  First, Christmas.  I got some awesome things, such as:

A cool mouse for my computer:

A new backpack:


Requiem and and Allegiant:


A new iPad case:


Some pretty necklaces:

One's a turtle and the other is  a pretty stone thing from New Zealand
AND:

The new iPhone *squeal*
It was an awesome day and I had a great time being off from school with almost no homework, which is the complete opposite of what I'm used to (that being, almost no free time).

Then, finals week came.  I'm pretty sure we didn't have this in Treasure Mountain, but finals week for us was a week of modified scheduling and early release.  Each day we had two classes that we took a two-hour exam in, and then we had lunch and went home at 12.  I had very mixed feelings about finals week, so here's a list of pros and cons about it:

PROS:
1. Early release at 12.
2. The whole school had lunch at the same time, so I could sit with whoever I wanted.
3. All the exams were multiple choice, even Algebra.
4. The day was so short it hardly felt like school.
5. We had no school Friday.
6. Guaranteed no homework for a four-day weekend.

CONS:
1.  They're TESTS.
2.  The WHOLE school had lunch at the SAME TIME.
3.  Exams are stressful and require studying which is hard when you have two soccer games that week that were an hour away.
4. They're TESTS.
5. Panic attacks.
6. 100 question TESTS.

I'm still conflicted about the whole matter, but don't worry.  The grades are back and I still have straight A's :)  I even got a 98% on my AP Human Geo final, which I was sure I got a B on.

Speaking about soccer, guess whose team won district finals on Friday?????????

THIS GIRL!!!!!
Me and Ashely with the trophy
Please pardon the extremely tired expression and the blanket.
It was like midnight or one in the morning, okay?

After we won we went to Duffy's Sports Bar to celebrate and ate cheeseburgers at eleven and played laser tag.  We got back to school at one in the morning.

We host Richard Park (or something like that) on Thursday for regional semifinals.

Finally, there are some smaller less important things I wanted to share with you, so here's a list of things that don't really fit with the rest of the blog :)

1.  Yesterday I went over to Kedia's and she did my nails and we went out for a pizza dinner. 


Here is the brownie pizza we had for dessert.

2.  A couple weeks ago we had soccer Senior Night.  Us freshmen got together and decorated the lockers of each of the seniors.  Ashely and I decorated our goalkeeper, Nikki's.

The finished lockers from left to right: Nikki, Kaley, Meagan, Jalen, and Ari
From left to right, Abby, Calley (above with the dark hair), Ashley
Me, and Nikki
3.  I re-read the entire Harry Potter series again over Christmas break and I'm in love - again.

4.  Alex got PC Minecraft for Christmas and I have an account too but now I actually use it because I can play with him.  That's pretty much all I've been doing over break. . .

5.  I found a Barnes and Noble gift card in our gift card box and used it to buy a crap-ton of new books.  That's like the best day/surprise ever.

I got: the Lord of the Ring Trilogy + the Hobbit, Fragments (the second in the Partials sequence), The Fault in Our Stars, The Lord of Opium (sequel to the House of the Scorpion), and Conjured (it just looked good).


Book Update

I've been reading a TON and don't really remember all the books I've read, but obviously I re-read the Harry Potter series (5 out of 5 to all of them), and I am almost done with Requiem.  Afterwards I have to read Catch 22 for my school book analysis for English, and then I think I'll read the Hobbit.  I get so excited when I have a lot of books to read.

Alex's Swag-Tastic Photo

Duck-face selfie in the car with the new hat he got early for
his birthday.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD! I got so excited about so many things in your post! Let's make a list:
    1. OH MY GOD! Tell me when you finish Allegiant and you, Ashley and I can cry together!
    2. We didn't have finals week like you did. Well, pretty much we did, just without the perks of going home early. The last few weeks have been pretty miserable for me.
    3. Congratulations on soccer!!! :)
    4. I think it's funny that the red/white/black color scheme never goes away. Those were my mom's high school colors, Park City's high school colors, your high school colors, my volleyball club's colors, my German volleyball club's colors..... :)
    5. I want that brownie pizza. Now.
    6. I'm planning on reading The Fault in Our Stars next! I have to read it, obviously, especially before the book comes out! Did you know that the actors who play Tris and Caleb (brother and sister) in Divergent are playing lovers in The Fault in Our Stars? Funny!
    7. Fun fact that I really wanted to tell you: Gatorade is called Gatorade because the people who invented it went to the University of Florida and their mascot is the gator!
    8. Fun fact that I really, REALLY wanted to tell you: The actress who plays Christina in Divergent is the daughter of the actor who plays Cinna! :D

    Anyway... :) It was great to hear from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I'm going to have to re-read the whole series before I do, but I'll let you know when I do finish it :)
      2. I'm so sorry you've been having some miserable weeks. I hope you're better now!
      3. Thanks!
      4. I know! I could wear some of my school stuff and fit in perfectly with you guys :)
      5. It was yum. I had two slices.
      6. OMG I did not know that! I'm nervous about seeing that movie because I'm going to cry big-time.
      7. I learned that in my APHG class :) apparently everyone knew that but me... I was shocked and yet it seems so obvious...
      8. Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner. I hope you come back to this post and read this :)

      I loved the list you made. It made me happy :) I love hearing from you!

      Delete