Friday, September 27, 2013

A Teaspoon of Forgotten Tidbits

I've realized that while I've been so busy trying to keep you all up-to-date on my rapidly evolving life, what with school, soccer, and friends, I've forgotten some fun stuff that some of you might enjoy reading.

First of all, we got our house on Monday!  Yaaaayyyy :)  I love it and even though I don't have a headboard (I have one picked out but it's not in stock right now), I have a sweet side table, comforter, and mattress.

My new bedding :D
And because I didn't get a picture of my rockin' new shower curtain (because I have my own bathroom, did I forget to mention?), I went to the Walmart website and spent 10 minutes looking it up just for you guys!


It's much cooler in real life, I promise.  And again, if you guys have an iPad or an iPhone or whatever that can do FaceTime, Send. Me. Your. Info.  I can show you around my house :)  I don't have Skype I don't think, but if I ever get one in the future I'll be sure to give you my info.

I don't know how many of you are planning of going Trick-or-Treating, but there aren't any kids in our new neighborhood that go trick-or-treating!  Wassup with dat?  Luckily for me, my friend Sarah saved the day and invited me and my friend Kedia to go with her.  Now I'm just debating what to be. . .I can finally go as something cute with short sleeves and a skirt this year because there's no snow to stop me! 
Bwahahahahahaha

By the way, I heard it snowed in Park City yesterday and today.  Suckers.  Today was 84º and sunny.  You're all jealous.

Speaking of sunny, I might be going to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 tomorrow with Kedia and her friends.  If you want to see the trailer for this amazing movie, click here.  We would be going with some of her friends, and so that would be a good way to meet people!  And Jared, I'm not trying to replace you, but there is a guy she's friends with whose name is Jared.

Don't worry, he's not as funny or as good-looking as you :)  I know these things concern you.

Speaking of good transitions, such as the last one, Thursday I ran my 3 mile interval timed run for soccer.  Each segment had a break in between.  We had to do:

One mile: Under 7:50
Half mile: Under 3:50
Half mile: Under 3:50
Quarter mile: Under 1:50
Quarter mile: Under 1:55
Quarter mile: Under 1:55
Quarter mile: Under 2:00

And I passed!  I felt like I was going to die and it felt like 1,000,000º outside (it was probably like 85-88ish, I was running at 2:30 after all).  But here were my times:

One mile: EXACTLY 7:50
Half mile: 3:47
Half mile: 3:40
Quarter mile: 1:47
Quarter mile: 1:47
Quarter mile: 1:48
Quarter mile: 1:46

Coach told me I had the most consistent quarter mile times out of everyone so far.  I was quite proud of myself.  I was nowhere near the fastest — some girls SOMEHOW managed to run a sub-seven minute mile.

On a different note, some of the sidewalks are at a slant or lower in the ground than the sides of the roads.  While the sidewalks are still level, it just means that when you're walking on the sidewalk next to A1A, the road next to you is a little higher up.  Normally, this would not be a problem, but when it's raining super hard, the sidewalks and grass next to the road fills with water, like a small lake.  It looks really concerning, but I guess it's normal because it occurs outside most neighborhoods the farther south you get in Vero.  So the other day when my mom and I were driving to our new house, it was raining like so when suddenly we saw a lady.

In a kayak.

On the sidewalk.

Paddling down the sidewalk.

In her kayak.

It might've been the best thing I've ever seen.  

Today at school we had a half-day, because teachers had a meeting or a workday or something like that.  It didn't really matter.  Classes were a half-hour long for us.  And the shuttle bus, which normally takes freshmen to and from the high school if they have classes they need to attend over there (such as band, or in my case, Spanish 3) didn't show up because it didn't know we had a modified day.  Therefore, I had to walk to the FLC in a skirt and flip flops, with insanely sore calves and quads from my run on Thursday.  

My next class was APHG, and because we had an in-class assignment that I pretty much couldn't miss, I had to force myself to run all the way there.  It was terrible.

I really don't have any more stories for you, so I'm going to make a list of 10 things that I'm not sure that I told you:

1) My friend Molly (Vero Molly) is friends with the two most popular girls in school, and both of them are super nice to me.  I could potentially be a popular person.

2) I had to do an oral presentation in Spanish in front of 10th and 11th graders.

3) I'm still not done with Geometry online. . .

4) Homecoming week is coming up soon and it seems like the school actually participates in dress-up week.  Monday is Greek Day, Tuesday is Tropical, Wednesday is Social Switch, Thursday is Dress like a Pirate, and Friday is School Spirit, and Saturday is Homecoming Game and Dance, in which the theme is Gettin' Greeky with It.  As one might suspect, I don't have anything Greek in my closet, so an Aeropostale dress will have to do :)  I'm going with my friend Ryan (she's a girl).

5) We have no school on Monday, October the 14th.

6) All we ever do in HOPE is play basketball.

7)  Sarah and I came up with our first inside joke today — the first inside joke I've had with anyone here:  Trick or Treat muchachos!

8) My APHG teacher, Mr. Almanza, refers to everyone by their last name — except me.

9) I got a 99% on my Biology test today and a 96% on my APHG quiz.

10) We watched a movie on Edgar Allan Poe in English today and Wednesday, which happened to be the same movie on Edgar Allan Poe I watched last year in English.

Hopefully that enlightened you some more on what's been going on here; it's always interesting, that's for sure!

Book Update

I'm reading Life of Pi for a school reading assignment and am on page 111 of 401.  It's so good!  It has the right amount of humor in it to make me laugh out loud while still being a really intellectual book.  There's a lot about religion in it, and I don't recognize a lot of the terms or names that are used in the book, mostly from Hindu or Muslim references.  This doesn't really deter me from the book though, and I've gotten use to skipping over the names whenever I reach them.  So far, I love it.

Alex's Swag-Tastic Picture 

Time to get into the Halloween spirit!
This is Alex's zombie nerd costume from last year.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds so cool! I cannot believe you're going to see Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 without me…… budder. I'm glad you finally got your new house! Hope school and all's going well, though it sounds like it is, and nice job on those tests bro! Adios

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, so the water on the sidewalk was deep enough to kayak in? Mind = Blown. And what's this Greek stuff? Come on PC, step up your game. Great job on the tests, and you are lucky to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, I haven't seen a theatre movie in ages...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa!! I want to kayak down a SIDEWALK!! So cool! I have facetime, you should be able to find me under the email remus.kitty@gmail.com, and I think the name is Christian Schlegel (my dad)

    ReplyDelete